Pages

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Covergirl "Flamed Out" Mascara: Review and Demo


Being a mascara "junkie," I always look for the newest releases in drugstores, as well as high-end mascaras available in department stores. I have more than a few mascaras to meet my needs than any fourteen year-old should have. Recently, Covergirl released their newest mascara, called the Covergirl Flamed Out Mascara. At a drugstore, it is available for $5.95, which is an excellent price for a drugstore mascara.

Claims: Make a bold statement with winged lashes that curve up and out. This unique wire brush coats your lashes for an instant volume boost.

Will this mascara meet Covergirl's claims, or will it be a disappointment in the drugstore mascara department?


Click read more for free cookies! ;)


Oohhhhhh! Aaaaaaahh!! Pretty!!

Okay...no cookies, oh well. Let's look at the packaging! The packaging is a bright orange color, with metallic purple accents in zebra print. It feels sturdy, and is really cute. One side says "Covergirl", while the other says "Flamed Out", both in silver print. The packaging is what originally attracted me to the mascara, standing out compared to some of the other mascaras with boring packages.



You can definitely see the hourglass shape of this unique brush!

The next features that we should look at is the wand, as well as the formulation of the mascara. The wand's shape is similar to that of an hourglass, having longer bristles towards the end and shorter bristles towards the middle. When applying the mascara, this helps to coat every lash. It is a dryer formula, making it easier to work with. The only problem I have with the brush is that the end of the wand is flat, which makes it difficult to put product on those hard-to-reach lashes.


It just keeps getting better on my lashes!

Above are my lashes before mascara (top left), after one coat (top right), after two coats (bottom left), and after three coats (bottom right). My lashes are curled before putting on the mascara, so you will have to take that into consideration when deciding whether or not to purchase this mascara. The mascara gives my lashes a lot of volume, while adding length. I like it because it gives my lashes volume, without making them look fake. You can definitely build up the mascara, which is nice for those who want more volume, but you can also keep it a natural look, by just adding one or two coats. 

Overall, I would definitely recommend this product to those who are looking for a semi-natural look, with long and full lashes. I have been using this for about a week, and haven't used any other mascara since. I would purchase this mascara again, because it is perfect for those school days when I just want a natural look. Thanks for joining me this week on Naomi's Beauty Buzz!

I'll talk to you guys next week! Be sure to follow me to get more Naomi. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment