Pages

Friday, March 28, 2014

Grab it or bag it: Mac's Hot Gossip Lipstick review

I think I'm in love. No, not the kind where you get all lovey-dovey over your dream date, but where you experience a deep affection for someone or something. In this case, it's lipstick. Who knew, right? Today I'm back with another "Grab it or bag it", reviewing Mac's Hot Gossip. It's a part of their permanent "creme sheen" line, and this was the first lipstick I have ever owned from Mac. This little sucker will always have a place in my heart, so without further ado, let's get into the review! (That rhymed!)


Absolutely beautiful!

First I thought we would start off with the packaging. Mac's lipstick is known for its packaging, which is shaped like a bullet. It feels sturdy, as well as looks chic. While it isn't the most luxurious packaging, it protects the lipstick well, and that's what it's meant for, so I give it a thumbs up. 


The packaging fits in the palm of your hand, and works well to protect the lipstick.

The color of the lipstick is a gorgeous medium pink with cool undertones. It has some shimmer, but not too much to give an unnatural appearance. I do feel like it can be a little drying to the lips, but nothing a little lip balm won't fix. As for the smell, it has a light vanilla scent, which is iconic for Mac lipsticks. It lasts fairly well, which is nice for on-the-go wear. 


Above is the lipstick in the tube.

Below I have a swatch of the lipstick on my hand, and then on my lips. It's almost that "your lips but better" color, yet still adds enough color to be noticeable. It's definitely a universal color that could work with many different skin tones, yet I still think this product is understated. The color is absolutely stunning, and is perfect for those "no makeup" days.


Above is the swatch on my hand, in sunlight. 

Below you can see it on my lips. It shows up light, but gives an absolutely gorgeous look. Compared to my normal lips, I would choose this any day. Applied lightly, it can show up sheer, but it is a build-able color that can become more opaque with more coats. 


Above, you can see my lips with about two coats of the lipstick.

Overall, I have really been enjoying this lipstick, and feel it has a place in everybody's makeup collection. It's a universal color that is build-able to give you that natural look, yet still add a little "pop". If you are just beginning with makeup, I would definitely recommend it, because you can experiment with it without going overboard.

The verdict: Grab it!

That's it for this week on Naomi's Beauty Buzz! Follow for more Naomi. It would make my day! :) InstagramEmail

What are your go-to Mac lipsticks?

2 comments:

  1. You're gorgeous and I love this lip color, I might just have to get it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mikayla!! I love you <3 and you're gorgeous also :)

      Delete