Pages

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Spending Less = Saving More

So...we all have this problem. We're at the checkout counter at Rite-Aid, and you slowly watch your total amount rising, and before you know it, you realize the amount you owe the cashier is more than what you have in your wallet. From personal experience, I can tell you this is not a good position to be in. I walk into the store thinking I'll leave with two or three products, and leave with ten. True story. That's why I decided to write this post on how you can save money while shopping at the drugstore!  


Look! New products. Oohh Aahh!

I decided that if I was going to write a post on saving money, I may as well have examples to show you. (My excuse to buy more makeup). I went to Rite-Aid three times, each time, leaving with different products. This post is going to be focused on Rite-Aid, but the tips can be applied to other stores as well. 

Rite-Aid has a circular called their "Weekly-Ad", which has all of the specials they are going to be having that week. My first trip to the store, I purchased all of the products shown below. Physicians Formula was having a special that if you spend $15, you get $10 back in rewards. (Money you get to spend next time.)  Each of the items shown below were also $3 off. Wet N Wild was having 40% off all of their cosmetics, so I picked up this eyeshadow palette in Comfort Zone.

*Smart Tip* Know what you're getting before you go to the store!


PF Mascara: $10...What I paid: $7
PF Face powder: $14...What I paid: $11
WNW Palette: $5...What I paid: $3

Original: $29 + Tax = $33
Total: $21 + Tax = $24 (with $10 rewards)

I went back the next day, because they had a different Weekly-Ad. One special that stood out to me was on Maybelline, which was BOGO 1/2 off, and get $3 back in rewards when you spend $12. Woohoo! Sally Hansen was also having 40% off all of their nail polishes, and this being my favorite brand, I took advantage of what they were offering. 

I picked up the Maybelline Fit Me! blush in "Medium Pink", as well as their bronzer in "Medium Bronze". I know I don't have medium-toned skin, but the light colors were a little too light. I mean, I want to add a little color to my life! I then picked up their Baby Lips in "Grape Vine", and "Cherry Me", which smell absolutely DELICIOUS. Finally, I got the Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear nail polish in Breezy Blue, which is a gorgeous light blue color. I've been eyeing this sucker for a while! 


May. Blush & Bronzer: $10.60 (for both)...What I paid: $7.93
May. Lips: $9 (for both)...What I paid: $6.75
SH Nail Polish: $3...What I paid: $1.80

Original: $23 + Tax = $26
Total: $16.70 + Tax = $18 - $10 Rewards = $8

Finally, I made my last trip to the drugstore, because I actually had to exchange the blush and bronzer for darker colors. This being said, I used my $3 in rewards to pick up two more Sally Hansen nail polishes. I got them in "Grey Area", and "Pink Satin". I absolutely love both of these colors, and they look great paired together. These were both 40% off.


Original: $6 + Tax = $7 (For both)
What I paid: $3.60 - $3 (In rewards) = $0.60 + Tax = $1

Original Total: $66
What I paid: $33

Overall, I saved a lot of money. Without using the circular as a guide for my shopping, I would have paid $66 but my total came out to $33. That's half the price I should have paid!! Yay for bargain hunting! I would definitely take advantage of their weekly ad, because it's absolutely a life saver when you want to save money. This week they're having some good deals on NYC, so hurry up! 

*Smart tip* You can match the deals in their Weekly-Ad with coupons you get online or from newspapers, to double the savings! 

Thanks for joining me this week on Naomi's Beauty Buzz! Let me know if you want to see more posts like this. Follow for more Naomi. It would make my day! :) InstagramEmail

Wanna hear a bad joke? Well, here it is: My brother told me I was a bozo. I told him I'm more of a BOGO type of girl. ;) Wow, what a knee slapper. 

What are your tips on saving money?

No comments:

Post a Comment