Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

I ♡ Drugstore Makeup Tag!

Today, I thought I would do another tag. Recently, I have seen this tag all over Youtube and the beauty blogger community. I thought it was really cute, and since I'm definitely a drugstore makeup type of girl, I decided to let you know my thoughts on some of my favorite, as well as not so favorite, makeup products.

Questions: 

1) What is your favorite drugstore makeup brand overall?
2) What are your favorite face, cheek and lip products?
3) Least favorite product?
4) What is the best makeup bargain?
5) What is your favorite underdog product? (Something you love that often gets overlooked?)
6) A drugstore product that is overpriced
7) Show your best drugstore dupe(s)!
8) Drugstore product that isn't worth the hype?


Let's get started!

1) What is your favorite drugstore makeup brand overall? 

I've got to give this one to Maybelline. They have a well-rounded line, and I am a definite sucker for their mascaras and lip products. I also feel they have a nice choice for concealers and foundation. There aren't too many cheek and contouring products, but they just launched their new line which has featured several blushes and bronzing products. 

2) What are your favorite face, cheek, and lip products?

Face: While the drugstore has many foundations that work well, I don't wear foundation, so I'm going to choose my Maybelline Fit Me Concealer. I use it underneath my eyes and it's works really well to brightening and cover any dark circles you may have.

Cheek: My favorite cheek product has to be the Nyx Rouge Cream Blush in "Boho Chic". I think this works very well as a natural color, and is not sticky. It has great pigmentation, and is a great all around color to wear. 

Lip: Oh God, do I have to choose just one? I'll narrow it down and say my Baby Lips, Maybelline Color Whisper, and my new Rimmel "Apocalips" lipgloss. These are all amazing and none of them dry out my lips. 


Above are a few of my favorites!

3) Least favorite product?

I'm not going to lie. While there are many good products, there are also many I can say I'm disappointed with. However, I have to say I was very disappointed with Maybelline's Fit Me Blush and Bronzer. They had next to no pigmentation, and were very chalky. I even exchanged them for darker colors, to no avail. 

4) What is the best makeup bargain?

Hands down. Wet N Wild's Color Icon palettes. They are so pigmented, and come in so many different color combinations, there's nothing not to love. I currently own the palette in "Comfort Zone", and it has already become a staple in my collection. However, if you're looking for something brighter, they have a wide variety of palettes. 

5) What is your favorite underdog product?

I haven't heard many people talk about these, which are the Rimmel Apocalips lipglosses. They first launched in Australia, and finally moved to the United States about a year ago. However, I finally got them, and I'm surprised I haven't heard many people rave about these! They don't dry out my lips, and are so pigmented when I first applied them I was surprised. 


Above I showed the Rimmel Apocalips, as well as swatches of "Nova" and "Celestial".

6) A drugstore product that is overpriced?

I'm going to say as a whole, I think Physicians Formula is overpriced. $15 for a blush...at the drugstore? No thank you! I'll opt for less expensive alternatives. The products just aren't worth it for the quality you are getting. However, thankfully, they are usually on sale, which makes my wallet happy.

7) Show your best drugstore dupe(s)! 

Everybody loves dupes. I mean, getting nearly the same products for half the price of high-end ones? Yes please! I personally think that Maybelline's "The Rocket" mascara is a great dupe for YSL's Babydoll mascara! They are both great at adding volume, as well as lengthening and separating. However, the price tag varies by I don't know, $20?!

8) Drugstore product that isn't worth the hype?

I'm probably the only person in the world who thinks Maybelline's Great Lash "Lots of Lashes" mascara isn't an amazing mascara. I know many people love this mascara, but I'm sad to say it isn't for me. It tended to clump up on my lashes, which is not an attractive look!

That's it for this week on Naomi's Beauty Buzz! I hope you enjoyed. Follow for more Naomi! InstagramEmail

~Naomi 


No comments:

Post a Comment