Pages

Thursday, May 1, 2014

A Spring Makeup Tutorial!

Hello beauties and welcome back to my blog! I thought I would do a quick and easy tutorial for you all,  inspired by Spring which has sprung around us all. I created a pop of color under my eyes and added a light pink blush and lipstick to compliment it without drawing attention away from the eye. If you're interested in seeing how to create this simple look, keep on reading!


I accentuated my eyes by  adding the pop of blue.

To start off, have a clean face and do your daily "before makeup" routine. For me, this was washing my face, as well as moisturizing. You will then add your face products, whether it be foundation, BB cream, or a concealer. For me, this was adding a concealer under my eye area. This covered my dark circles which will not be missed. 

Once you have finished your face makeup, add a light pink blush, to add a glowing effect for that dewey skin we strive for in the Spring and Summer months. Then, take your concealer and coat those lashes! Now, the fun part. Take a bright blue eyeshadow, using an angled liner brush, and carry it along your bottom lash line to add the blue. Starting off lightly and building up will give you control so you don't end up looking like a clown. 


Now that we've done the face and eyes, it's time for lips. I used my Revlon Lip Butter in "Pink Lemonade". While this is a relatively new purchase, I can see myself using this daily as a natural color. Choose your favorite light pink, and put it on your lips. Mine is pretty sheer, which doesn't subtract from the bold eyes. (Well, bold for me at least). 



By adding a natural lip, the attention is drawn to your eyes. Excuse the lighting in the second pic. I've learned not to take pictures outside when the sun is setting! 

Once you've done this, you're done with your makeup and it's time to work this look! While it may seem scary and out of your comfort zone, compliments are sure to be coming left and right. 

I hope you've enjoyed this simple tutorial and join me next week for more on Naomi's Beauty Buzz! 

No comments:

Post a Comment